Pages

Monday, 23 June 2014

So I Guess this is Growning up...

If someone had asked a younger me, think of a sentence I would be saying in a few years time I would’ve never come up with ‘I will be doing a guest lecture at The University of Salford.’ However tomorrow…on the 24th of June 2014, this is actually happening.

When I was first asked, I was quite nervous but it is an opportunity I could never turn down! I never thought at the age of 23 I would be stood in front of a class of 50 glaring masters students talking about marketing automation and digital business but I will be tomorrow!

I’ve gone through a mixture of emotions; self doubt, worry, disbelief but most of all, out of all of the emotions in the thesaurus, I’ve felt proud.

I’m really content with how much I have managed to achieve in my career so far and I’m so excited to help others in their learning process, helping them achieve what they are capable of. That’s what education is all about…helping individuals to achieve what they are capable of and challenging them to go even further in life.

My granddad was a teacher, my grandma was a head teacher and my dad is an business accountancy lecturer so hopefully they’ve planted something inside me which will help me tomorrow.


I’m really looking forward to it, I just hope that I can give the students something which they will takeaway from the session, which will improve their future, in respect to all the individuals who have given me this in the past and those special people I’ve met who continue to do this to me and others daily.

No comments: